Quick Couplings are widely used in fields ranging from agriculture to oil and gas extraction, from earth moving to road transportation, and are essential in many industrial applications such as chemical and food processing.Multiple factors and operating conditions must be considered in the design and construction of quick couplings to ensure high quality and safety throughout the product range.
That’s why AKJia has been developing cutting-edge hydraulic solutions for nearly 20 years.We fully meet the requirements and standards in all areas where quick connections are essential to the company’s daily operations and success.High quality AKJia components improve performance and prevent accidents that may result in economic, physical or environmental harm.
One of the most crucial aspects of quick coupling manufacturer is to assess their level of corrosion.This incremental damage to a component can vary depending on the context of the application, ranging from processes where the damage occurs very slowly to processes where the process is particularly aggressive and fast.
Low to high corrosive environment
Corrosion can be identified from low corrosive environment to high corrosive environment:
- Low corrosion: no special environmental conditions, the use of hydraulic oil if there is no pollution, will not cause damage to the circuit
- Moderate corrosion: Associated with the fluid used, as in a cooling system that USES aqueous solutions
- Highly corrosive: in this case, the quick joint must withstand the same harsh environment as an offshore oil platform
Provide corrosion resistant materials
Three materials are mainly used in the manufacture of quick joints to meet these different conditions:
- Carbon steel: This is the most widely used metal in rapid couplings.It achieves a good balance between technical and commercial characteristics and performs well in low-corrosion applications
- Brass: easy to use, good resistance to moderately corrosive liquids
- Stainless steel: This material is very common in everyday life, but in the field of quick joints, it is mainly used in highly corrosive applications.It offers high durability and is the preferred choice for the shipbuilding and offshore platform industries
AKJia provides corrosion resistant materials and treatments
AKJia provides quick couplings for corrosion resistant materials and provides protective treatment, including:
- Chromium III: Used in carbon steel, this is the most common form of treatment.It is the use of zinc and chromium on the surface of galvanized treatment, can significantly improve corrosion resistance
- ZincNickel: An alternative to Chrome 3, this is a surface galvanized finish using special zinc alloy to improve corrosion resistance
- QPQ: Quenching and polishing quenching heat treatment, combined with coupling surface hardness and good corrosion resistance
AKJia is committed to continuous research and development to ensure the high quality of our final quick connector products.These corrosion resistant materials and treatments are a direct result of this commitment.Contact us for more information about our high quality quick couplings, which are designed in the right materials for your environment.