- This quick coupling conforms to ISO 7241 A series standard, 1/4 size ISO A series quick coupling. Commonly used in agricultural equipment or well logging industry. Some sellers will state that it meets ISO 5675, but in fact, there is no 1/4 body size quick-release coupling in ISO 5675. ISO5675 is an additional dimensional standard for the 1/2 and 3/4 body versions of the ISO7241 A series quick-release couplings for agricultural and forestry applications.
- Ball-lock mechanical design allows for one-handed connection and disconnection of quick-release couplings. This is the connection design according to ISO 7241. This ball lock design is often used in quick-release couplings for working pressures up to 5000 PSI, allowing for easy and inexpensive connection and disconnection. It is a universal hydraulic quick release coupling connection design.
- The poppet valve is designed to close automatically when the quick coupling is disconnected. The fluid will not leak. Therefore, quick-release couplings are generally used in applications where frequent disconnection of the fluid loop is required for service or replacement parts.
- The body material of this quick coupling is carbon steel, which is usually used for hydraulic quick couplings, with the advantage of being able to withstand higher working pressures, but with the disadvantage of limited corrosion resistance. Carbon steel is usually plated to enhance its corrosion resistance.
- The default seal material is NBR, which is more suitable for oil fluids, so NBR is usually used for hydraulic fluids. FKM and FFKM are optional seal materials. It depends on the fluid material and fluid temperature to choose the right seal material.
- NPT 1/4 female thread, both male and female NPT 1/4 female threads are used to connect hose. Note in particular that NPT – National Pipe Thread, is a North American standard pipe thread. For the uninitiated, it is important to understand that the measured inside diameter of the thread does not equal the thread size. You will need to check the comparison table to determine the thread size. This is why many buyers, sometimes, write emails complaining about incorrect threads. In fact, they have a wrong perception of NPT.
- Interchangeable, this quick release coupling conforms to ISO 7241 International Standard A series and is half to half interchangeable with all brands of quick release couplings of this standard. Some brands of interchangeable models are listed below. You can download a sample of some brands from our documentation page to learn more.
The ISO 7241 A Series of quick disconnect couplers are used on a large spectrum of hydraulic applications with strenuous quality standards such as the aerospace, automotive, electronics industries. They are also recommended for general purpose, machine tools, mobile hydraulics, and other equipment applications. Our Series A couplers are interchangeable with all ISO 7241 A series couplings.
Size: 1/4″ Body, 1/4″ NPT Thread, Poppet Valve
- Hardened Steel Self Sealing Poppet Valve Seals Excellent Under High and Low Pressures
- Interchangeable with all ISO 7241 A series couplings
- 5,145 PSI Rating
- Nominal Flow Rate: 3.2 GPM
- Max Flow Rate: 6.34 GPM
- Seal Type: Nitrile Buna-N
|Parker 6600 Series||1717465||1717100|
|Faster||ANV 14 NT M||ANV 14 NT F|
|Stucchi BIR||F bir14 npt||M bir14 npt|
- Female Coupler
- Male Coupler