- The 1 NPT flat face quick coupling is manufactured according to ISO16028 international standard. ISO16028 standard specifies the connection size requirements for flat face hydraulic quick couplings, a series of flow rates, working pressures, and other parameter standards for flat face quick couplings made of carbon steel. Therefore, as long as the flat face hydraulic quick couplings conform to this standard, they are interchangeable with each other half to half. It is convenient for users to buy different brands of quick couplings for their own equipment.
The flat face quick coupling connection is different from other quick coupling connections, it has several advantages, because the connection point is further back, when the flat face quick coupling is disconnected and reconnected, the fluid loss is very small. We often call this design “no-spill”. Another advantage is that after disconnection, it is very easy to clean the surface of the flat quick coupling, thus avoiding the circulation of foreign bodies. For this reason, manufacturers of high-end hydraulic equipment prefer to use flat face quick couplings. Even though the same size quick-release coupling is several times more expensive than a general-purpose coupling.
- The valves of a flat face quick-release coupling are designed to be more precise than a poppet or ball valve. When the male and female valves of the flat face quick coupling are connected, the fluid circuit is connected. When the sleeve is pushed down, the balls inside the female body of the flat face quick coupling can move and will push the male head out of the female body, while the valves at both ends will be closed by the action of the springs.
- The flat quick coupling bodies are made of carbon steel, and they are machined from a solid carbon steel bar. This ensures the strength of the quick release coupling and provides better working pressure performance. The surface is Zn plated for corrosion resistance. In general, this material is not recommended for use in chemical fluids that are corrosive, but rather in fluids that are not corrosive, such as hydraulic fluids and oil. The advantage of carbon steel over stainless steel quick-release couplings is its ability to resist pressure. Therefore, the ISO 16028 standard is based on the design of carbon steel for flow rate, working pressure, and other parameters.
- Since this type of quick coupling is mostly used in the fluid environment of hydraulic oil, the seal material we use for this quick coupling is NBR. This material is most suitable for hydraulic quick couplings. It can be adapted to most oil fluids. The working temperature is from -20˚C to 120˚C. For some applications, such as different fluid materials and different working temperatures, FKM or FFKM can be used as an alternative.
- This quick-release coupling has a 1″ NPT thread on both the male and female sides. The body size of this quick-release coupling is 3/4″, which can be confusing to some users. The body size is derived from the ISO 16028 standard, which defines a series of dimensional standards for 3/4″ body sizes. See the standards document for details. The 1″ NPT thread is the thread used on the quick release coupling to connect to the hydraulic pipe. NPT is a U.S. standard pipe thread, and it is important to note that NPT thread size is not equal to the inside diameter of the thread. Beginners should check the table in the article to identify the NPT thread size.
- ISO 16028 compliant flat face quick couplings are half to half interchangeable, regardless of the brand. This is the significance of the ISO 16028 standard. So, whether it’s from Parker, Faster, or any unknown quick release coupling, as long as you know it’s an ISO 16028 compliant quick release coupling, you can use our quick release couplings to interchange.This saves some users the difficulty and expense of purchasing replacement quick release couplings.
- ISO16028 3/4″ body size 1″ Female Thread Skid Steer Quick Coupler
- Flat Face style clean and easy to operate No leakage
- Quick-disconnect coupler for connecting hoses in hydraulic applications
- Steel for strength and greater resistance to rust than iron
- interchangeable Safeway FFE49 Series Faster FFH Series Parker FE Series etc.
- 1″ NPT Female Thread
these couplers are a direct replacement for the couplers mounted on High Flow skid steers and attachments. Flat Face couplers are designed for applications where hydraulic spillage is a concern. One of the great advantages to the Flush Face design is that the couplers are easy to keep clean which helps to avoid contaminants entering the hydraulic system. These couplers meet or exceed the ISO 16028 standard so you can be sure that they will couple to the standard couplers used on most skid steers, attachments, and other hydraulic equipment.
Some of the design features of this coupler are:
Locking sleeve design to prevent accidental disconnection.
Heavy knurled sleeve for a non-slip grip.
1″ NPT female thread (the common size for high flow skid steers and attachments) No air inclusion during disconnection
ion Flat mating surface, easy to clean.
Exceeds the ISO 16028 standard (Rated at over 5000PSI).
Couples to any standard 3/4 body Flat Face couplers on Skid Steers and other equipment.
|AKJia FF Series||FF-08PF-NPT1||FF-08-SF-NPT1|
|Safeway FFE49 Series||FFE491-6||FFE495-6|
|Faster FFH Series||FFH12 1NPT M||FFH12 1NPT F|
|Eaton Aeroquip FD89||FD89-1002-16-10||FD89-1001-16-10|
|Snap Tite 74 Series||74N12-16F||74C12-16F|
|Stucchi FIRG Series||800801013
M. FIRG 100 NPT
F. FIRG 100 NPT
|DNP PLT4 Series||FF-HPG-12-16N-NPT||FF-HPG-12-16C-NPT|