- This 3/8 ISO A quick-release coupling is a universal hydraulic quick-release coupling that conforms to the ISO 7241 A series standard and can be interchanged half to half with any other brand of quick release coupling that conforms to this standard. Made of carbon steel, it is not only dimensionally compliant with the ISO 7241 A series, but also in accordance with the other parameters of the standard. ISO 7241 A series is a standard for hydraulic quick-release couplings, and its standard material is carbon steel. ISO A quick couplings made of other materials meet only the dimensional requirements. Other parameters need to be adjusted according to the different materials.
- Ball-lock mechanical design, this type of quick coupling connection is common and universal and is often used in conventional hydraulic quick couplings. This ball-lock mechanical design is used in both the A and B series of ISO 7241 standard quick-release couplings. This design is very easy to operate. A spring-loaded sleeve can be used to lock the balls or push the sleeve to move the balls so that the male side of the quick coupling can exit the female body. This disconnects the quick-release coupling.
- ISO 7241 A series quick release couplings are available in two valve configurations, one with a poppet valve and one with a steel ball valve. This type of quick release coupling uses the more common Poppet valve. The characteristic of this valve is that it has a better sealing performance because the poppet valve has a seal inside, and the sealing effect is maintained by the extrusion of the seal. Compared to the steel ball seal, the metal deformation seal is more effective. The pressure required is less.
- The quick coupling body is machined directly from a solid carbon steel bar and can operate at higher working pressures. The galvanized surface provides better corrosion resistance. Compared to stainless steel or brass, the carbon steel material has a better working pressure performance. The disadvantage is that carbon steel is more prone to rust and corrosion than stainless steel and brass. Therefore, it is generally used for hydraulic fluid applications.
- Since this quick coupling is commonly used for hydraulic fluid and other oil fluids, the default seal material is NBR, which not only has a lower cost but also has good corrosion resistance to various oil fluids and can withstand temperatures from -20˚C to about 120˚C. Therefore, the default sealing material for most hydraulic quick couplings is NBR.
- This quick coupling uses NPT 3/8 female thread to connect to hydraulic hoses or equipment. This thread is also called National Pipe Thread, which is an American standard used in North America, Australia, New Zealand, and elsewhere. It is important to note that the size of the NPT thread is not equal to the inside diameter of the female thread or the outside diameter of the male thread.
- The quick-release couplings are half to half interchangeable with other brands of ISO A quick-release couplings. Thanks to the ISO 7241 international standard, the connection size requirements for quick couplings have been standardized. This quick release coupling complies with the ISO 7241 A series standard, so as long as the quick release coupling is compliant with this standard, it can be interchanged half to half.
- meets dimensional requirements of ISO 7241-1 Series A.
- A general purpose, fluid transfer quick coupling that provides higher burst pressure and superior flow to that of Aeroquip FD56 (5600) series and parker 6600 series, while providing half-for-half interchangeability.
- heavy-duty detent ball latch design for reliable connection time after time.
- unique poppet/seat design allows no extrusion gap, minimizing seal degradation under extreme pressures. Stainless steel valve springs and retainer rings are standard
- Ideal for minimal space applications.
This is an ISO A Quick Coupling, the body size is 3/8″ (10 mm), both the male and female ends are NPT 3/8″ Female Thread.
ISO A interchangeable couplings that can interchange with any ISO 7241 A quick couplings, no matter the manufacturer of
the quick couplings, they all will obey with the ISO 7241 A standard.
ISO A quick couplings are widely used in lots of general purpose equipments, hydraulic tools, mobile hydraulics and other
The Features of this quick coupling
- Ball lock – the connection between male and female part are ball lock mechanism, super easy to connect and disconnect
poppet valving – O seal ring to prevent the leakages, stable
- Zinc plated
- NPT 3/8″ Female Thread – NPT is a National Pipe Thread Standard, 3/8″ NPT Female Thread, Not mean the thread inner diameter is
3/8″, you can check the thread, the inner diameter for the female 3/8″ NPT is about 0.58″ at the edge of the thread.
Hansen HA15000 Series
- Female- Socket: HA1522100
- Male – Plug: HA1522200
Parker 6600 Series
- Female- Socket: 6601-6-6
- Male – Plug: 6602-6-6
Eaton Aeroquip FD56 Series
- Female- Socket: FD56-1064-06-06
- Male – Plug: FD56-1062-06-06
Fast NV Series
- Female- Socket: NV 38 NPT F
- Male – Plug: NV 38 NPT M
Safeway S56 Series
- Female- Socket: S565-3
- Male – Plug: S561-3